Party Preview: ASTERIK, For Members Only club

For Members Only House Party

The For Members Only club is hosting a ’90s-themed “House Party” –complete with costume contest – at the African American Student Affairs Hous e(1914 Sheridan Rd.) Friday from 9 p.m. until 2 a.m. “We want the student population to have a good time and come party,” Communication sophomore and event organizer Vickie Johnson said. “People can come, have a good time and hopefully it will bring people together.”

The event is open to the public but tickets are $2 – all of the proceeds benefit For Members Only. Tickets can be purchased from any of the executive board members: Vickie Johnson, Adeze Wilford, Kerease Epps, Sam Lozoff, Kellyn Lewis, Henri Pierre, Justin Clarke, Janissia Orgil, La Donna Smith or Zoe Goodman.

ASTERIK Takes Some “Me Time”: Our Last Show EVER

The comedy/a cappella combo group ASTERIK is performing for three nights this weekend – Thursday at 11 p.m., Friday at 11 p.m. and Saturday at 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. – in the Jones Great Room (1820 Sheridan Rd.).

Tickets are $5 at the door for an a cappella lineup featuring songs from the Barenaked Ladies, Dispatch, Kings of Leon, Cee Lo Green and the Lonely Island. “We promise a moderate to hearty amount of comedy and laughs,” Weinberg sophomore and ASTERIK member Tyr Wiesner-Hanks said. “There will be singing and comedy because nobody wants to watch a straight hour and a half of a cappella like all the other shows on campus.”

This was originally published in The Current, a weekly supplement to The Daily Northwestern.