Who Is Week 3: A profile of people around Evanston and Northwestern

1 What’s your life story, in 50 words or fewer?

2 What’s the most embarrassing story you’re willing to share?

3 Coke or Pepsi, and why?

Doug Goldring, Communication senior

1 I was born in New York City but I grew up in Great Neck on Long Island. I’m really interested in theater and sports. I’ve been acting and singing for basically my entire life and now I’m here at college studying to become an actor and I’m hoping to do that in the professional world.

2 I embarrass myself all the time. I try to make a lot of jokes and end up saying stupid things sometimes. I’m willing to accept the embarrassment of a horrible joke to get the laughs from a good one.

3 Coke, but I change my mind all the time.

Katie Belleville, Bienen senior

1 I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago. I was very involved in my high school, especially with violin and running. I started school at NU, which has been the best part of my life. I love making music-I’m a music major, and I’m also a psychology major.

2 There was a time where I was put on the spot in orchestra with my director asking if I had stomach problems. I believe he was asking why I was playing too slowly, but I was confused and turned bright red.

3 I have to accept both of them because I’m a diet soda addict, but I’d have to say Coke because I had it first. Pepsi was what I settled for because some restaurants only serve Pepsi.

Richie Sunday, Weinberg sophomore

1 I did a lot of moving around. I was born in China. I moved here when I was four and found a home in Minnesota. Before college, sports and academics were my thing.

2 In second grade, it was gymnastics day. I was wearing brown corduroy pants and I was on the balance beam. I got a rip right down the middle of my crotch and I had to go to the nurse. She duct taped it up and those were my pants for the rest of the day.

3 Coke. Who drinks Pepsi? I haven’t heard of anyone drinking Pepsi anymore. I don’t even know if they sell Pepsi anymore in vending machines.

Christopher Lee, Weinberg senior

1 I was born in New Jersey and I’ve been there my whole life. I was a rowdy kid. I’m still kind of immature, but basically over my life I’ve learned to enjoy singing and playing and watching sports. I’ve also been getting more interested in politics. I ended up at NU because I really enjoyed that it was close to Chicago, the campus is beautiful, and it’s in the Big Ten.

2 This happened recently. I was ironing a few shirts, and I accidentally ironed my stomach. I have a scar.

3 I like Coke. Pepsi is a little sweet, and I drink a lot of Diet Coke.

Jourdin Batchelor, Weinberg sophomore

1 I was born in Carbondale, Illinois. It’s not very exciting. Most of my childhood I was trying to one-up my brother. Now, I guess I’m a little bit more serious than that.

2 One time I was on the El and I was sitting next to this guy who was reading a book. He was really entranced and I was looking over his shoulder for a good minute trying to figure out what it was. When I looked up, he was staring right at me.

3 Coke. It’s more refreshing.

LeslieAnn Tompach, Weinberg senior

1 I was born in a small town. I grew up kind of being the weird smart kid. I was really into running, sports and music. I came to NU and I feel like my life came together. That brings me to here, on the cusp of graduation.

2 My freshman year, when I was just getting to know people, there was this guy who I liked to talk to more than the other guys. My friend asked me whether I liked him and I turned bright red and it was just mortifying. She said it and a bunch of people turned around and stared at us.

3 Coke, because it’s better. Pepsi is too sweet and Coca-Cola used to be made with cocaine, which is cool.