Mahen: No logic to psycho girls’ crazy antics

It’s 2 a.m. and you just got home from a successful night at the Deuce – i.e., you managed to snag a relatively attractive one-night-stand type of girl. Just as you are getting ready to begin the obligatory foreplay, you hear a knock on the bedroom door. Begrudgingly, you open it and who is standing there? None other than last week’s one-night stand from The Keg.”(Enter four-letter word here.)”Most girls react to this real story with, “Wow! What a jerk! I can’t believe he did that?!” However, I prefer to look at this from a different perspective: “What kind of crazy girl shows up – unannounced – at a guy’s house at 2 a.m.?!”With official statistics on irrational female follies nearly impossible to find, I was forced to rely on the first-hand accounts from guys. TrueLife: my girlfriend is crazy. I learned about girls who read through guys’ e-mails, stole cell phones, hacked Facebooks and slandered any other girl who wrote on his wall; girls who physically beat up their exes; and there was even a girl who created a 35-page book about why her ex was an unfit boyfriend. She then proceeded to copy and bind the book and send it to his family, friends and co-workers. The ugly truth is most girls are slightly unhinged. Actually, according to an infamous campus womanizer, ALL girls are crazy. “I used to think that there were crazy girls and there were chill girls,” he said. I have come to realize that all of them are nuts. You can’t avoid it.”I’m not trying to denounce my own sex, but I can’t deny the facts. Guys are logical and usually say exactly what they mean and do exactly what they want. (This doesn’t mean they are sensitive or considerate, but they are pretty straight-forward.) Girls are emotional. No matter how “chill” or “laid-back” a girl seems, once she has feelings for a guy, the crazy sets in and logic goes out. So, if all girls are crazy, then how can we avoid the stigma and maintain sanity? Unfortunately, I don’t know the answer. If I did, I would be one heck of a girl. But alas, I have my crazy moments, too. Still, from a situational standpoint, let’s say it’s Monday night and at The Keg, you see last night’s hook-up grinding on some random girl.Well girls, you should laugh, complain to your girlfriends, buy yourself a round of shots and walk away. Whatever you do, do not send the guy angry texts/voicemails, post drunken incoherent messages on his Facebook wall, harass his friends, or worse, interrupt his sloppy dancing. You will become “that crazy girl” to him and his friends, to the girl he’s dancing with and to her friends, too. And let’s be honest, no one wants to be the headliner for the female gossip wires.So, when in doubt, save your dignity and walk away. Dignity is like virginity. Once you lose it, it’s impossible to get back.[email protected]