Zeitgeist: dillo day undressed

The Dillo Day countdown commences: You know when your band is playing, you’ve stocked up at EV-1 and put in an order with your guy for special-occasion mood enhancers. Just one more consideration: what to wear.

It’s easy enough to toss on another ubiquitous babydoll dress to throw back pre-Deuce shots. Or drunkenly pair a rumpled polo with a tattered baseball hat. Themed parties – whether of the birthday, frat or theater variety – make dressing for debauchery even simpler.

But given the elements and the mayhem, Dillo Day proves to be a trickier wardrobe conundrum. And a completely different one altogether, at least for Weinberg sophomore Ryan Farrell. “I hate it when people get too dressed up for the event,” he says.

Between grass stains, tan lines and sloppier-than-usual Solo cups, it takes more than dressing for the weather.

“Wear, but don’t bring, sunscreen – they’ll confiscate anything in a bottle,” says Ben Stix, Mayfest chairman and Weinberg junior. Stix also recommends prepping for the unknown by wearing layers and dressing “like you’re going to the beach… but a little colder.”

Here are a few ideas from eight students we found in Norris last night. Check out what they’ll be donning – and what they’ve deemed Dillo “don’ts.”