Skip The Previews

Feature Presentation is a band without a back-up plan. The alternative rock band from Manteno, Ill., commits itself to every aspect of its music and publicity. From shelling out money to fix their van’s cursed transmission to finding quirky ways to get their name out, Feature Presentation doesn’t second-guess itself. They’re in it for the long-haul.

“We played outside a McDonald’s in the town just north of us,” says lead singer and guitarist Josh Lamore. “We also used to go to the mall and stuff our fliers in the pockets of pants at JC Penney.”

Feature Presentation’s dedication paid off this summer when they were signed to the independent label One Iron Records. Their first CD, To You, The Past, And The Questions Left Unanswered, was released May 8.

“I’d like people to know that we’re real and our music is real,” Lamore says. “The CD is made of songs we wrote with our hearts and as much passion as we could.”

Feature Presentation started when Lamore was in seventh grade, though he is the only remaining original member. The album chronicles the band’s progression, featuring songs written years ago as well as new material.

“We have great vocal melodies and really good guitar playing. You can actually tell one song from another,” Lamore says. “What makes us special is that we have so much energy in our music.”

The band will need to draw on that energy as it prepares for a Midwest tour and a repeat performance on the Van’s Warped Tour. Through it all, Lamore says the band remains true to its humble beginnings.

“Playing Warped Tour was awesome. It was pretty crazy to be able to have lunch with all the bands you’ve looked up to since you were younger,” he says. “And to see so many kids at our sets – it made us realize that people out there really care.”

– Kate Bernot