Q & A: Ron Lewis (Men’s Basketball)

Q: How do you think your team’s going to do this year?RL: Basically we just have to stay focused and not really look at the rankings, and stay focused on our team.

Q: What’s it like having Greg Oden there?RL: Really, it’s been great, cause he’s a humble kid, he’s a down-to-earth kid, and one thing: He loves to have fun.

Q: You’re from Columbus originally, so what’s it like playing for the Buckeyes?RL: It’s great, because you have your family there – they get to watch you every game – and just everyone being supportive, because of the fact that I am from Columbus. It’s great.

Q: How would you compare the atmosphere of football games at Ohio State to basketball games?RL: It’s different, because there’s a lot more people there. There’s like 100,000 people, and that’s way more than a basketball game. Just to play in front of that many people is ridiculous.

Q: Do the fans still get pretty excited at the basketball games?RL: Yeah they do. Our fans are always excited, and real excited for our team. They come support, and they support us every game.

Q: I’m going to do a word association. Buckeyes.RL: Great team, great thing about Ohio State. One of the best things about Ohio State.

Q: Wildcats.RL: Wildcats … (laughs) Whoever’s mascot that is, I don’t know.

Q: That’s Northwestern.RL: Oh, Northwestern Wildcats. Good team, they have a lot of potential this year. Really. With a lot of people coming back.

Q: Bowling Green.RL: Bowling Green is where I started, where my roots came from in college.

Q: Thad Matta.RL: Great coach, great leader, and a good person.

Q: What’s your favorite movie?RL: My favorite movie, actually, is all three “Fridays.”

Q: Angelina or Beyonce?RL: Beyonce.

Q: Any reason why?RL: Nope. I see Beyonce all the time. I don’t even know – you talking about Angelina…?

Q: Jolie.RL: Jolie, yeah. Beyonce.

-David Kalan