Sex kittens (Men’s basketball)

Does this walk-on like long walks on the beach? Does that swingman like to swing?

Girls — and guys — can find out by winning a double-date with Northwestern’s Michael Jenkins and Tim Doyle at NU’s Valentine’s Day home game against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi.

“A dream date would obviously be a romantic dinner, followed by good conversation,” Doyle said, with Jenkins heartily agreeing. “And maybe, um …”

Anything else?

“A couple spirits to drink, also,” Doyle said, even though Jenkins is the one who likes the last-second shots.

And how about any, um, extracurricular activity?

“Not on a first date,” said Doyle, a 22-year-old with sophomore eligibility. “I don’t think you can expect a college girl (to do) that.”

So with pure intentions they go forth, looking not for love nor sex, but fans.

“I think it would be a great opportunity to bring some fans into the stands,” Doyle said. “We’re looking for people to show up to this game, it being a non-league game on a random night like a Monday that happens to be Valentine’s Day.”

“I think it’s good to let a few fans get up close and personal with Tim and I,” added Jenkins, a 21-year-old senior.

Tracie Hitz, assistant athletic director for marketing, said she expects Cupid’s arrow to strike some time in March with dinner and a movie.

Hitz said the idea hit her after listening to one of coach Bill Carmody’s Cat Chats at Wolfgang Puck’s — the same restaurant where the handsome handyman and the winsome walk-on will wine and dine their dates.

“One of coach’s theories is that if the girls are at the game, then the boys will be at the game,” Hitz said.

And, Hitz asked, who better to attract girls than the outgoing Doyle and the fan-favorite Jenkins?

“I really think Tim Doyle is gorgeous,” Music senior Jessica Prus said. “(Jenkins is) a cutie, but Timmy Doyle is gorgeous.”

Prus said she even might go for a goodnight peck on the cheek.

“Maybe,” she said. “I’d have to get a stool or something.”

Weinberg sophomore Michelle Minarsik said she had “no clue” who the players were. But she said if she didn’t have a boyfriend and there was free food involved, she’d be in.

“They’re cute, (but) they look a little tall,” Weinberg sophomore Mary Rhee said. “I don’t know if I’d enter a contest to go on a date with them, but I’d take the free food.”

Ladies aren’t the only ones who can date a couple of big-time Big Ten players. All students are eligible to win the halftime raffle, in which a winner is chosen and expected to invite a friend.

“That could get interesting,” Communication senior Leo Lamontagne said. “I wouldn’t enter, but I would go to the game because of this.”

Even though a guy winning would dash their dream date hopes, Doyle and Jenkins said they won’t be upset if the winner and friend aren’t of the fairer sex.

“I don’t think this is so much of a date thing as a chance to get to know the players,” Doyle said. “I think (the fans would) be interested in our lives, such as practice and balancing school work.

“(It could) give them an inside look at the program and Big Ten basketball and the whole nine yards.”

The whole nine yards? Didn’t Doyle say never on a first date?

Reach Patrick Dorsey at [email protected].