Northwestern University and Evanston's Only Daily News Source Since 1881

The Daily Northwestern

The Daily Northwestern

The Daily Northwestern

Columns

Soto: Rollback of birth control mandate will make college students less safe, less healthy

October 12, 2017

Let me begin this column by establishing a fundamental truth. Hormonal birth control, in its various forms, is simply that — hormones. It can aid in preventing a pregnancy, reduce painful cramps caused...

Closson: Why we need people of color in the room

October 10, 2017

I was talking with a friend this weekend when he showed me a Facebook post — a Dove ad depicting a black woman being replaced by a white woman seemingly as a result of using Dove body wash, appearing...

Reed: Studios have themselves to blame for box office failures

October 9, 2017

My memories of home are inextricably tied to going out to the movies. Whenever my family would make the trek to my grandmother’s house — to stay over, celebrate or reunite with family — we’d drive...

Sumra: International students are valuable to America

October 8, 2017

Walking back from a friend’s house last week, I was struck by a group of who I can only assume were freshmen. A tall guy surrounded by a group of women was clearly on his way to a party, and their conversation...

Alfaro: Learning to love America in bits and pieces

October 8, 2017

They don’t let you bring your phone to the United States embassy when you go for visa interviews. The day I applied for my student visa, I went in terrified, wearing my Sunday best, disconnected from...

Load More Stories
Activate Search
Columns