Blotter: Items stolen from Ridge Avenue apartment

Joshua Irvine, Copy Chief

Police responded to a report of a burglary Tuesday afternoon in the 100 block of Ridge Avenue.

Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew said a 40-year-old Evanston man called police at around 4:40 p.m. to report that several items had been stolen from an apartment. Another resident of the apartment, a 40-year-old woman, told police that the front and back doors of the apartment had been locked but the kitchen window was found open, Glew said. Two rooms, one occupied by the woman and the other by her son, were found ransacked, Glew said.

The theft occurred sometime between 1:20 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., Glew said. Items stolen included an iPhone valued at $800, an Xbox gaming system valued at $300 and eight games valued at $60 each, an HP laptop valued at $400, a watch valued at $400, $550 in jewelry and $900 in cash.

Police have no suspects and no one in custody.

Attempted break-in on Mulford Street

A 32-year-old woman called police to report an attempted burglary of her apartment at the 700 block of Mulford Street.

Glew said the woman came home around 6:30 p.m. to find pry marks and other signs of damage on her front door. The door lock was not broken, Glew said, though there were signs of damage to the lock and deadbolt.

A 30-year-old neighbor of the victim told police she had heard loud noises coming from the vicinity of the victim’s apartment at 1 p.m., but did not investigate, Glew said.

Responding officers were informed of a security camera installed in the rear of the building, but did not view it at this time, Glew said; evidence technicians were called to the scene.

Twitter: @maybejoshirvine