Police Blotter: Nov. 5

Paige Leskin, City Editor

Nine arrested in connection with criminal trespassing

Police arrested two 18-year-olds and seven juveniles Thursday night in connection with the criminal trespassing of a residence, officials said.

Officers responded to a call that several people were inside a vacant residence in the 1800 block of Church Street that they did not have permission to enter, Evanston police Cmdr. Jay Parrott said.

Police located multiple people on the premise, Parrott said. They were arrested at about 8:30 p.m., he said.

There was indication that forced entry was made, but officers were unsure if the damage was from Thursday’s incident or a previous break-in, police said.

The nine people, which included two 18-year-old Evanston men, were charged with criminal trespassing.

Skokie resident charged with public intoxication in Evanston

Officers arrested a Skokie man Saturday at an Evanston park in connection with public intoxication, police said.

Police were called to the Evanston Ecology Center, 2024 North McCormick Blvd., and found the 50-year-old man very intoxicated, Parrott said.

The man was being uncooperative with police as they tried to set up for a later event, Parrott said. The city’s Zombie Scramble event took place at the Ecology Center on Saturday night.

Officers arrested the Skokie resident at about 5:45 p.m. and charged him with public intoxication, police said. The offense will not result in any jail time, Parrott said.

Twitter: @paigeleskin