Meet our newest blogger: Meghana Puri

Meghana Puri lived in Mumbai, India for the first 14 years of her life, before moving to Singapore, where she spent her high school years. She is now a freshman at Northwestern. At the same time, her parents moved to Zurich, Switzerland, where she now returns for holidays. She is officially an international student at NU, with ‘temporary alien’ visa status (and only included this because she finds the name cool). So far, the only real difference she has found in the U.S. has been that they pronounce vitamin and aluminum differently.

She enjoys reading, writing and watching an indecent number of television shows on a semi-regular basis. She also knows extremely random facts about many irrelevant topics through an addiction to Wikipedia. For example, a public telephone has more germs than a public toilet seat. Other favorites include ninjas, the Harry Potter series, MLIA, Florence + the Machine and Glee.

The quality that defines her most is her complete honesty, to the point of actually telling her friends when their outfits look bad (when they ask for an opinion). Luckily, this hasn’t cost her any friends so far. Her favorite skill is being able to write cheesy biographies about herself (except not really).

Meet our newest blogger: Meghana Puri