Holiday Gift Guide

Roommate

Assigned or not, your roommate probably deserves a little love this holiday for putting up with you. Whether you live in Bobb and come back at 4 am every Monday, or keep throwing parties in the apartment without asking, a holiday gift might soften even the most Grinch-like of hearts.

For the women: Spice up your roommate’s New Year’s outfit with a sparkly silver or gold headband from Gap. She’ll thank you and it won’t break the bank.

Double Rosette Headband, $12.50, The Gap.

For the men: Give him a not-so-subtle hint that “Party in the USA” is so last quarter: it’s starting to get embarrassing. An iTunes Gift Certificate should do the trick, and you can send it via email: no awkward interaction necessary.

iTunes Gift Card, $5-$15 Apple.

Prof

Remember the prof who wrote you that last-minute recommendation for the summer program you couldn’t live without? He or she probably remembers you. Show your appreciation with a small gift and a thank you note.

Every professor appreciates a morning beverage: pick up a gift card for the tea-lover at Argo Tea or upgrade their Sodexo Seattle’s Best with a certificate from the Unicorn Café. If you’re really feeling lazy, just grab a gift card at Norbucks-you can even pay for it with Munch Money.

Coffee or tea gift card, $5-$15, Argo Tea, Unicorn Café or Starbucks

Hookups

Show that non-committal hookup you care by doing more (but not much) than returning their late-night texts most of the time. Nothing says “friends with benefits” like a really cheap gift.

For the women: Make her late-night trips to the BK Lounge that much more romantic with a limited-edition New Moon gift card. Just try not to compare your abs to Taylor Lautner’s. They won’t measure up.

New Moon limited edition gift card, $5 and up, Burger King

For the men: Get him what he’s been craving: a Buffalo Chicken Wrap at Norris. Nothing spices up a relationship like buffalo sauce. It’s on you? And fries too? Aw, you shouldn’t have.Buffalo chicken wrap with fries, ?, Varsity Grill at Willie’s Food Court

Sibling you haven’t talked to since September

You love your brother or sister, but you’ve both been so busy stalking other people on Facebook since you left for school in September that you just haven’t gotten a chance to catch up. What to get the elusive sib?

Show how you’ve matured at school with a book from Urban Outfitters like “What’s Your Poo Telling You?”($9.95) or “How to Be Inappropriate” ($14.95). If you’d prefer, stay classy with a flask shaped like an ornament ($24.00). It may even inspire that “thanks, bro” you’ve been waiting your whole life to hear.

Gag gifts, Urban Outfitters, $5-30

Holiday Gift Guide