Best Clothing Store: Crossroads Trading Co.

February 23, 2023

As a chronic online shopper, I often struggle with finding a place to return my purchases that just don’t fit right.

Crossroads Trading Co. has been the answer to my prayers — not just because of its quick selling process but also because of the unique pieces I can purchase with the money I earn from selling.

The store buys items for the upcoming season, so Crossroads Trading is currently scouting for spring clothing that fits into one of three categories: “Polished Opulence,” “Serotonin Vibes” and “I’m with the Band.” The store is specifically looking for vintage tees, mesh tops, matching sets and modern suits. They accept clean, current clothing in good condition.

At Crossroads Trading, there are four ways to sell. In-store selling is my preferred method because it’s the perfect break from studying. The storefront is on Sherman Avenue next to Starbucks, five minutes from Northwestern’s campus.

Drop-offs also work if you don’t have the time to wait for a buyer — a Crossroads Trading employee — to comb through your items in person. Just call the store to let them know, complete a brief online form, drop off your items and you’re done! 

If buyers purchase your items, Crossroads Trading will pay you up to 30% of your item’s original price in cash. You can also earn trade-in value you can put toward purchasing clothes in the store, earning you 50% of their original price. The choice is up to you.

For your high-end designer items, go the consignment route. Crossroads Trading will pay you anywhere from 50% to 70% of the item’s original value in cash.

If you’re looking for a place to get rid of the pile of clothing you no longer wear at the back of your closet or to add some new trendy clothing, Crossroads Trading is the place for you!

Twitter: @charlottehrlich