Best Ambiance: Tapas Barcelona

February 23, 2023

Paella, delectable drinks and tapas ― what more could you ask for from a restaurant? Located right off south campus on Chicago Ave., the warm lights and hubbub makes Tapas Barcelona the perfect spot for a date or a night out with friends. 

The point of a tapas-style restaurant is to share small dishes between the whole table, making it the quintessential place to find connections with new people or get together with old friends. The loud music and constant influx of small plates to different tables creates an energy that seeps into your conversations and the environment. 

My best dinners have been planned at Tapas Barcelona ― I even dragged my whole friend group to the restaurant for my birthday last year. From sharing a classic Queso De Cabra Con Tomate, a dish with baked goat cheese on top of a tomato sauce with toasty, crispy garlic bread, to a plate of calamari and shrimp, Tapas Barcelona is the best place to debrief with your friends after a long week.

My absolute favorite dish at Tapas Barcelona is their Mero con Espinacas al Limon, a plate of sauteed tilapia with garlic spinach, mashed parmesan potatoes and a lemon buffer. The buffer provides the perfect amount of lemony sauce to contrast the salty tilapia. 

Tapas Barcelona holds a very special place in my heart as one of my favorite restaurants to dine at in Evanston and connect with others. 

Twitter: @selenakuznikov