Offset announced as Dillo Day 2023 headliner

Daily file photo by Noah Frick-Alofs

“Planet Dillo” is set to see established artists like Offset and up-and-coming acts like rapper Blvck Swm perform at the Lakefill.

Ella Jeffries, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Offset is the headliner and TiaCorine is a daytime featured performer for Northwestern’s 51st Dillo Day, Mayfest Productions announced Tuesday.

With 15.45 million monthly listeners on Spotify, Offset has created a significant name for himself in the hip-hop industry. First rising to fame as a member of the rap group Migos, Offset has since collaborated with rapper 21 Savage and Metro Boomin, a record producer and DJ, to produce the album “Without Warning.” The album, featuring his most popular single “Ric Flair Drip,” reached top 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

In 2019, Offset released his debut solo studio album “Father of 4,” which became his second album as a soloist to reach the top ten on the Billboard 200 chart and generated the single “Clout,” featuring his wife Cardi B. “Clout” earned Offset a Grammy Award nomination for Best Rap Performance. 

“Offset’s influence permeates fashion and culture, reinforcing his status as a contemporary icon,” Mayfest Productions said in an Instagram post. “Offset remains an undeniable force in today’s global music landscape.”

Corine’s breakout single “Lotto” garnered her national attention and set the stage for her to release three full-length projects, in addition to collaborating with other rising artists, such as Latto and Kenny Beats.

Raised in Winston-Salem, North Carolina by a Japanese and African American father and a Shoshone mother, Corine has said her unique musical style was shaped by her experiences growing up in a the multicultural household as a child and her exposure to a diverse range of music, ranging from old school hip-hop to rock. 

Along with her musical accomplishments, including a nod as this year’s Billboard’s April R&B/Hip-Hop Rookie of the month, Corine attended and graduated with honors from Winston-Salem University, a historically Black institution. Despite taking a pause in her career to raise her daughter, she has attracted interest from many label partners since 2020, marking only the beginning for this rising star. 

Students can pick up their Dillo Day wristbands at Seabury Hall this week from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and Friday and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday. 

Correction: Mayfest Productions misstated the headliners of Dillo Day 2023, which The Daily reflected in a previous version of this article. The article has been corrected to reflect that Offset is the sole headliner. The Daily regrets the error.

Twitter: @ellajeffriess