Best Late Night Bite: Chicken Shack

Caitlin Smith, Reporter

It’s midnight on a Saturday, and you and your friends have worked up an appetite. Just a six-minute walk from the Foster CTA station, Chicken Shack will satisfy all of your late-night cravings. 

While most other Evanston businesses are closed at this time, Chicken Shack remains open until 12:30 a.m. from Wednesday through Saturday, 12 a.m. on Monday and Tuesday and 8 p.m. on Sunday. It also offers $4 delivery, so on-campus residents don’t have to trek all the way to Ridge Avenue to experience its mouthwatering menu. One busy weeknight, I ordered delivery to my dorm. Within 30 minutes, I was enjoying Chicken Shack’s crispy and juicy chicken tenders and fluffy buttermilk biscuits. 

There is truly something for every meat lover on Chicken Shack’s menu, from fried fish to rib tips, with coleslaw or onion rings on the side. Students can also take advantage of the budget-friendly “bargain buckets” that feed a crowd for a reasonable price. 

Northwestern students aren’t the only fans of Chicken Shack, as the Evanston favorite has been featured in the Huffington Post and ranked best fried chicken spot in the state by Mashed. Chicken Shack has already celebrated 32 years in Evanston, and voters have been happy to have it during all their late nights.