Blotter: Wallet, iPhone stolen from Evanston library

Clare Proctor, Assistant City Editor

A 71-year-old woman reported Tuesday that her iPhone and wallet had been taken from the Evanston Public Library.

The EPL employee put her duffel bag at her workspace on the third floor of the library, Evanston Police Department Cmdr. Ryan Glew said. After her husband contacted her at work about unusual activity on Uber, the woman noticed her white iPhone 6 was missing, along with herred Coach wallet, which contained multiple credit cards and IDs, Glew added.

The EPL security officer reviewed security footage and saw two male teens enter the library and go up to the third floor. Glew said the footage showed one teen acting as a lookout while the other removed the phone and wallet from the woman’s duffel bag.

The suspects are not in custody, but the EPL security officer said he would like to pursue trespassing charges against the teens, Glew said.

Speaker, gaming system, iPad stolen from apartment

A 26-year-old Evanston resident in the 800 block of Case St. reported that his apartment had been broken into while he was gone Tuesday and that $1,400 worth of items were stolen.

EPD responded to the scene and observed that the rear door of the apartment had been cracked and separated from the wall, Glew said. An Onyx 5 bluetooth speaker, a Sony PlayStation and an iPad 6 were taken from the apartment, he added.

There is no suspect and no one in custody, Glew said, but an investigation is pending.

Twitter: @ceproctor23