What students can expect for tomorrow’s Big Ten Championship game

Allie Goulding/Daily Senior Staffer

The student section at the Notre Dame game on Nov. 3

Alan Perez, Campus Editor

Soon, over 3,000 Northwestern students will make the 3.5 hour trip to Indianapolis to witness history in action. Northwestern’s rise to The Big Ten Championship has shone a spotlight on the football program, and set the stage for greater fame in the years to come.

Thanks to a generous donor, many students will get free tickets and transportation to tomorrow’s game. Here’s what you need to know:

Check-in on the ground floor of Norris will begin at 12 p.m. and end at 1:30 p.m. Get there early to get better seats, and make sure to check-in with your friends. “If students want to sit/ride the buses with their friends, they must arrive together,” said Heather Obering, the associate athletic director for marketing.

A sandwich and a voucher to buy food at the stadium will be given once you check-in. You are allowed to bring food on the bus, just not alcohol.

Lucas Oil Stadium opens at 6:15 p.m., though there will be plenty to do before. There are plenty of events scheduled by the Big 10. The Meijer Tail Greater Party on Georgia Street ends at 8 p.m., and Northwestern’s pep rally starts at 4:30 p.m.

If you are on the waitlist, you’ll have to hope that a current ticket holder cancels. “As of right now, every ticket we have purchased has been accounted for,” Obering said. “We will continue to go back to the wait list each time we receive a cancellation. At this time, our cancellations do not exceed the wait list.”

Twitter: @_perezalan_