Blotter: Movie interrupted after EPD called for family discussing guns, shooting

Cameron Cook, Assistant Campus Editor

Evanston Police Department officers on Monday night responded to a report of disorderly conduct at the Century 12 Evanston/Cinéarts 6 movie theater in downtown Evanston.

An employee of the theater informed officers movie attendees notified her that a group of people in Theater 7 were talking about guns and shooting, said Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew.

The employee entered the theater and heard someone talking about shooting, at which point she called the police. Officers arrived at the scene and lined all the people in Theater 7 up against a wall outside the theater to check for a firearm but did not find anything, Glew said.

A 40-year-old Chicago resident and her teenage children were identified as those talking about the shooting but denied making the remarks and were not taken into custody, Glew added.

Bike stolen from ETHS student

EPD officers responded to a report of a bike stolen from a student at Evanston Township High School in west Evanston Monday afternoon.

An 18-year-old ETHS student told a School Resource Officer her bike was stolen from behind the building on the evening of Oct. 31, Glew said.

The building is under video surveillance, and EPD will examine the footage to try to identify who stole the bike, Glew said.

The student said she would consider pursuing charges if her bike was not returned, he added.

Twitter: @cam_e_cook