University names new director for community relations

Ally Mauch, Summer Managing Editor

Dave Davis will serve as the new executive director for neighborhood and community relations, the University announced in a Wednesday news release.

Davis, who currently works in the Northwestern government relations office as the director of state and local relations, will begin in his new role September 1, replacing former director Alan Anderson. Anderson is leaving NU to move to Georgia and be closer to family members, the release said.

“Dave Davis brings excellent experience in government relations, private industry and government work to his new role serving as the chief liaison between Northwestern and our host City of Evanston,” Provost Jonathan Holloway said in the release. “He will build on the outstanding work Alan Anderson has done over the past three years.”

Prior to working at NU, Davis worked as senior staff and grant coordinator for U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.), serving as the liaison to federal, state and local elected officials, according to the release. He also previously served in the office of Cook County Commissioner Larry Suffredin.

In the release, Davis said he is excited to take on his new role and work with students, faculty and staff to “foster a culture of community engagement.”

“I look forward to building on my predecessor’s progress in strengthening the University’s relationship with the City of Evanston through deliberate and purposeful partnerships that advance the University’s mission and enhance the quality of life for all Evanston residents,” Davis said.

Twitter: @allymauch