Northwestern Title IX coordinator Dwight Hamilton resigns

Dwight+Hamilton+sits+at+his+desk.+Hamilton+resigned+last+week+from+his+posts+as++associate+vice+president+of+equity+and+Title+IX+coordinator.+

Source: Jim Gipe

Dwight Hamilton sits at his desk. Hamilton resigned last week from his posts as associate vice president of equity and Title IX coordinator.

Alan Perez, Assistant Campus Editor

Dwight Hamilton, associate vice president of equity and Title IX coordinator, has resigned from his post after nine months on the job, University spokesman Al Cubbage confirmed in a Monday email to The Daily.

Hamilton, who joined Northwestern in July as the inaugural person to hold the position, resigned last week, Cubbage said. He gave no reason for the leave or indication of Hamilton’s next job.

“I appreciate the contributions Dwight made during his tenure at Northwestern,” Provost Jonathan Holloway said in an email to administrators obtained by The Daily. “I know I speak for everyone in offering my very best wishes for his future success.”

A search for a replacement will be conducted “shortly,” Holloway said. Associated general counsel Sarah Wake will serve as the interim vice president of equity, and deputy Title IX coordinator Amanda DaSilva will be the interim Title IX coordinator, Cubbage said.

Wake is an “experienced attorney” with knowledge of issues related to equal access and equity, including affirmative action and the Violence Against Women Act, Holloway said. Before arriving at NU, she served as the director of the Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX coordinator at the University of Notre Dame.

As former director of student conflict resolution at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, DaSilva handled student reports of sexual assault and Title IX violations, according to her LinkedIn profile.

Twitter: @_perezalan_