Blotter: Man arrested in connection with obstructing identification following theft

Police arrested a man in connection with obstructing identification following alleged theft from CVS Pharmacy.

Police were called to CVS Pharmacy, 101 Asbury St., at about 12 p.m. on Tuesday for an attempted theft of pain medication, according to Evanston police communications coordinator Perry Polinski. The description of the man also matched that of a suspect from a previous theft.

Police canvassed the area near CVS and located a man that matched the description of the subject, Polinski said. He said the Chicago man identified himself using an alias, which resulted in him being charged with obstructing identification.

After police discovered the man’s identity, they also found he was wanted by the Lincolnwood and Cicero Police Departments for failure to appear in court in relation to two separate retail theft charges.

Police charged him with obstructing identification.

Evanston man’s car involved in police pursuit

The Will County Sheriff’s Office asked the Evanston Police Department to make contact with the owner of a car that was involved in a police pursuit at about 4 a.m. on Tuesday.

EPD made contact with the 47-year-old Evanston man who was the owner of the black 2010 Audi sedan after they learned it was involved in a previous pursuit, Polinski said. Officers learned the man had last seen his car when he left it in his driveway in the 2300 block of Grey Avenue at 10:30 p.m on Monday.

Police determined the car was stolen and do not have a suspect at this time.

Email: juliainesesparza2020@u.northwestern.edu
Twitter: @juliaesparza10