15-year-old boy arrested in connection with Evanston carjacking

Julia Esparza, Assistant City Editor

Police arrested a 15-year-old Chicago resident Tuesday and charged him with felony aggravated vehicular hijacking relating to a car theft Feb. 1.

Detectives from another jurisdiction took the boy into custody Tuesday in connection with unrelated stolen vehicle and weapon possession charges, according to a news release Wednesday. The boy was transported from the Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center in Chicago to the Evanston Police Department and charged with the hijacking.

EPD detectives found the car Feb. 4 in the 5800 block of S. Peoria Street in Chicago. The Feb. 1 incident also involved another unidentified person who is still at large.

Evanston woman charged in connection with domestic battery

Police charged a 32-year-old Evanston woman with domestic battery after an incident in south Evanston on Tuesday.

Police responded to a call at an apartment building on the 100 block of Callan Avenue about 7 a.m. When officers entered the building they found a woman who said she and her boyfriend got into an argument that resulted in him “getting physical” and pouring milk on her head, Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew said.

She told police she did not want to press charges against her boyfriend, but he did press charges against the woman.

Glew said when officers entered the apartment they could see red scratches on the 29-year-old Evanston man’s back and red marks around his eye. The man said the woman punched him in the face, but he refused medical attention.

The woman was charged with one count of domestic battery.

Twitter: @juliaesparza10