Blotter: Pots, pans taken from Evanston home

Julia Esparza, Assistant City Editor

A 54-year-old Evanston resident reported pots, pans and other cooking utensils taken from her condominium earlier this week.

The woman said she left her house about 4 p.m. Tuesday and returned Wednesday afternoon to find cooking supplies missing from her home in the 800 block of Davis Street, Evanston police Cmdr. Ryan Glew said. She called police to investigate the incident just before 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, but officers did not find any signs of forced entry.

The woman said she had contractors working in her home, Glew said. There are no suspects.

Evanston resident arrested in connection with driving under the influence

Police arrested a 30-year-old Evanston man Wednesday and later charged him with driving under the influence of drugs.

Police observed a car near the intersection of Greenwood Street and Elmwood Avenue in violation of window tint laws and with an expired registration. When officers pulled the vehicle over and approached the driver, they smelled cannabis, Glew said. He said the man also had glassy eyes and delayed speech.

The man failed a field sobriety test and officers found burnt cannabis in the vehicle.

Police arrested the man at about 8:55 p.m and charged him with having an illegal window tint, having an expired registration, driving without proof of insurance and driving under the influence.

Twitter: @juliaesparza10