Hillel to bring actor Josh Peck as fall speaker

Actor+Josh+Peck+will+visit+Northwestern+on+Nov.+9+as+Hillel%E2%80%99s+fall+speaker.+Peck+is+known+for+his+starring+in+the+Nickelodeon+television+show+%E2%80%9CDrake+%26+Josh.%E2%80%9D+

Source: Sasha Becker

Actor Josh Peck will visit Northwestern on Nov. 9 as Hillel’s fall speaker. Peck is known for his starring in the Nickelodeon television show “Drake & Josh.”

Elizabeth Byrne, Assistant Campus Editor

Actor Josh Peck will speak at Northwestern on Nov. 9 in Cahn Auditorium as Hillel’s fall speaker.

Peck, known for his role as Josh Nichols on the Nickelodeon television show “Drake & Josh,” will discuss his life and Jewish identity, said Sasha Becker, Hillel’s vice president for programming.

“We found there were a lot of speakers that would make small groups of people really excited, but wouldn’t make the whole campus really excited,” the SESP senior said. “When we came across Josh Peck, we thought that would be a name that almost everyone on campus would know … and be something that a lot of people would be looking forward to.”

Communication junior Grady Jensen will moderate the event, Becker said. She added that students will be able to ask Peck questions during a Q&A segment at the end of the event.

Jensen said he’s excited to talk with the actor about his career after Nickelodeon and his new projects.

“He’s also a person who dabbles in so many different types of media,” Jensen said of Peck’s involvement in TV and YouTube. “I’d love to have people see how someone can work in so many different types of media and move between them.”

Peck’s YouTube channel, which features videos about his life, currently has more than 860,000 subscribers.

Hillel’s executive vice president Hannah Thirman said the fall speaker is usually someone fun, and she thinks NU students will enjoy Peck because many grew up watching “Drake & Josh.”

“(The event) is not something so serious, just people having a fun time and enjoying hearing about the different identities that Josh Peck has,” the McCormick senior said.

The event is free and open to both NU students and the general public.

Students must register online prior to the event on Wufoo, but they can also register before the event on computers available in the auditorium’s lobby, Becker said.

Twitter: @lizbyrne33