Blotter: Man arrested in connection with use of false identification

Sophie Mann, Reporter

On Thursday morning, a man was arrested in connection with the use of false identification in west Evanston.

The original incident occurred on May 24, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. Detectives stopped a vehicle in which the man was a passenger due to improper lane usage in the 1200 block of Ridge Avenue.

The vehicle smelled of marijuana, Dugan said, and the man gave them a fake name. Later, police found a driver’s license with another fake name and his picture, as well as some paperwork with his real name.

The man tried to flee the scene on foot, was struck by a vehicle on Ridge Avenue and continued to run, Dugan said. He was taken to Presence Saint Francis Hospital for treatment before he was released. He had three warrants for his arrest, which were served at that time.

On Aug. 12, the state’s attorney’s office approved a felony warrant for the fictitious identification, Dugan said. The man was arrested by Chicago police on an unrelated offense on Sunday, and officers from Evanston served him the warrant on Thursday.

Man given multiple traffic citations in central Evanston

A Chicago man was arrested Sunday in connection with multiple traffic offenses in central Evanston.

The man was stopped after an officer observed him going straight in a right-turn-only lane, Dugan said. The officer found that the man had a suspended license, no proof of insurance and an expired registration.

The man was charged regarding the three offenses.

Twitter: @sophiemmann