Blotter: Man arrested twice Sunday in connection with air rifle possession, public nudity

Daily file photo by Daniel Tian

Daily file photo by Daniel Tian

Ben Pope, Summer Editor

An Evanston man was arrested early Sunday morning in west Evanston and then again Sunday afternoon in downtown Evanston for two separate incidents.

Police received reports around 12:30 a.m. Sunday that the 58-year-old man was walking down the 1900 block of Jackson Avenue holding a gun and saying, “pow pow,” Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. Officers found the man sitting on a chair with a BB gun and arrested him.

Then around 3 p.m. Sunday, police received reports of a man masturbating in public in the 1700 block of Maple Avenue downtown, Dugan said. Officers found the same 58-year-old man, who admitted to masturbating.

The man was charged in connection with air rifle possession and public nudity, respectively — both violations of city ordinances.

Evanston man arrested in connection with domestic battery

An Evanston man was arrested Wednesday night in connection with domestic battery to his pregnant ex-girlfriend.

The 27-year-old man was accused by his 25-year-old ex-girlfriend of grabbing her hair and pulling her to the ground after an argument over a cell phone, Dugan said. The woman is six months pregnant and Evanston Fire Department officers responding to the call observed some of her hair had been pulled out.

The man was arrested at his home in the 1900 block of Hartrey Avenue and charged in connection with misdemeanor domestic battery.

Twitter: @benpope111