Blotter: Man arrested in connection with disorderly conduct outside Jewel-Osco

Sophie Mann, Digital Development and Recruitment Editor

A manager at the Jewel-Osco in south Evanston filed a complaint on Sunday against a man who aggressively asked an employee for money.

At roughly 11:15 a.m., a manager at Jewel-Osco — 1128 Chicago Ave. — flagged down an officer after an employee said a man aggressively asked her for money while she entered the store, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said.

When the manager spoke with the subject he began yelling profanities and slamming his fists, Dugan said. This continued when the manager asked him to leave, as well as when the officer tried to speak with him.

After several attempts to get the man to leave, the manager signed a complaint for City Ordinance Disorderly Conduct, Dugan said. The man is scheduled to appear in court on June 29.

Evanston man arrested in connection with stealing baby formula

An Evanston man was arrested in connection with stealing six cans of infant formula from a Jewel-Osco in southwest Evanston.

At around noon, an employee at the Jewel-Osco — 2485 Howard St. — called officers after he observed a man taking six cans of Similac Advance Infant Formula without paying for them.

The offender then went northbound on Hartrey Avenue wearing a gray coat and a Spiderman t-shirt, Dugan said.

Officers near Main Street and Dodge Avenue stopped a man matching this description and found the Similac in his bag, Dugan said. The employee identified the man, and he was arrested in connection with retail theft, a misdemeanor.

Twitter: @sophiemmann