Structure fire breaks out in kitchen of Evanston house

Kristina Karisch, Assistant City Editor

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






A structure fire that broke out in a single family house in west Evanston caused minimal damage on Wednesday.

The Evanston Fire Department was dispatched to the home, in the 1400 block of Grey Avenue, at 6:22 p.m., according to a news release. The fire, which appears to have been caused by cooking grease, started in the kitchen on the first floor of the house.

When fire crews first arrived, they reported heavy smoke with fire venting from a first floor window on the south side of the house, according to the release. At approximately 6:32 p.m., the fire was brought under control with minimal damage.

No one was injured in the fire, and residents safely exited the house, according to the release.

Email: kristinakarisch2020@u.northwestern.edu
Twitter: @kristinakarisch

Comments