Police Blotter: Items valued at thousands of dollars stolen from south Evanston home

Sophie Mann, Copy Chief

An Evanston woman found several items missing and a kitchen window broken Tuesday evening in her south Evanston home.

She left her apartment at the 800 block of Brummel Street at 12:15 p.m. on Tuesday and returned at 9:15 p.m. the same day, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. She locked the apartment doors when she left, and they were locked when she returned, he said.

Three laptops valued at $2,300, a jar full of change and bills valued at $100, as well as a wedding ring and wedding band each valued at $1,000 were missing, Dugan said. A $100 bill was also missing from a bedroom drawer.

Merchandise stolen from Davis Street 7-Eleven

Two candy bars and a coffee were stolen from the 7-Eleven in downtown Evanston Wednesday morning.

A clerk at the store, 817 Davis St., told officers a woman began screaming and throwing items around the store. She took the three items and left the store without paying for them, heading eastbound on Davis Street, he said. The clerk called the police but asked them not to arrest the woman, Dugan said.

Officers located the woman in the 1500 block of Sherman Avenue and told her she was not allowed to return to the store, Dugan said.

Twitter: @sophiemmann