Police Blotter: Man charged with domestic battery

Sam Krevlin, Reporter

A couple got into a physical altercation after seeing a movie at Cinemark Century theaters, 1715 Maple Ave. at around 12:53 a.m. Tuesday.

A 22-year-old Evanston woman told police she wanted to go home after the movie, but her boyfriend allegedly forced her to stay after the two got into a argument, Evanston Police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. The woman said the boyfriend initially didn’t let her get into the driver’s seat. After the woman was able to get into the seat, the boyfriend kept the driver’s door open, forcing her to stay parked.

The woman said she kicked the boyfriend to try to get him out of the way, but the boyfriend retaliated by punching her on the left side of the face. After kicking him again, she was able to take off and report the incident to police. The man was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery, Dugan said.

Man threatened with pocket knife

An argument turned physical after two employees of a food vendor outside the Jewel Osco, 2485 Howard St., got into an argument over the phone and decided to meet up, Dugan said.

An employee of the food vendor was allegedly approached by his co-worker, who decided to drive to the vender outside Jewel Osco to resolve the problem. Once he arrived outside Jewel Osco, the man said the employee at the vender grabbed him across the shirt collar and threatened to use the pocket knife in his hand that had the blade visible, Dugan said. The employee pushed himself away, only suffering marks on his neck and left the scene.

The employee, who reported the incident, told police he went to the vendor without the goal of physically fighting and wanted to talk out the situation. However, the victim did not to follow up with police to press any charges, Dugan said.

Twitter: @samkrevlin