A structure fire broke out in a two-story, single-family house in the 2000 block of Greenwood Street at approximately 2:47 p.m. Tuesday.
The Evanston Fire Department arrived at the house soon after and reported smoke rising from the chimney. The alarm was upgraded to a Code 4, meaning that no additional assistance was required. Firefighters located the fire in the second floor bedroom and extinguished it.
The residents reported the fire while at home and safely left the property. Due to the fire damage, the residents will be displaced, and the Red Cross will assist as needed. No injuries were reported.
Email: [email protected]