Man arrested for shooting incident outside Tommy Nevin’s Pub

Nora Shelly, Assistant City Editor

Evanston Police Department officers arrested a man suspected of discharging a firearm outside Tommy Nevin’s Pub earlier this month after linking fingerprints found on a handgun to the man.

The 31-year-old Chicago resident allegedly fired one shot from a handgun outside Nevin’s, 1454 Sherman Ave., shortly before 1 a.m. on May 7 during a fight on the street outside of the pub, according to an EPD news release. No one was injured, and officers recovered one shell casing in the area.

It was reported that the individual who fired the shot, Isaac J. Roach, left the scene in a vehicle, which officers pulled over around the area of Maple Avenue and Greenwood Street. However, at the time, EPD officers were unable to find any weapons or other evidence that showed the man pulled over was involved in the incident.

At about 4 p.m. the same day, a handgun was found in a parking lot in the 900 block of Dempster Street, which was identified as the one involved in the shots fired incident outside Nevin’s. Fingerprints on the gun were revealed to match those of Roach.

The man was arrested last Thursday after officers spotted him on Howard Street and was charged with two counts of unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, a felony offense, as well as two counts of lacking a valid firearm owner’s identification card, a misdemeanor offense. The man, who is on parole for a previous offense, was also issued a violation from the Illinois Department of Corrections.

Twitter: @noracshelly