Police Blotter: Evanston woman arrested after allegedly biting a nurse, driving under the influence

Juliet Freudman, Reporter

An Evanston resident was arrested Monday evening in connection with driving under the influence and biting a nurse at a hospital.

Police pulled the 33-year-old woman over in the 1400 block of Lyons Street  after she almost crashed into an officer’s vehicle, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. Dugan said officers described the woman as “belligerent” and “incoherent.”

The woman was transported to Evanston Hospital, 2650 Ridge Ave., where she allegedly bit a nurse treating her, causing discoloration and teeth marks to the nurse’s right forearm, Dugan said.

Evanston police took the woman into custody and charged her with misdemeanor traffic offenses, a felony for driving under the influence and a felony for aggravated battery. She is scheduled to appear at Skokie Courthouse on May 4.

Woman charged with damaging ex-boyfriend’s property

A woman was charged with misdemeanor criminal damage to property near Evanston Plaza early Tuesday morning.

Police found the 40-year-old woman, who said she was homeless, in the alley of her ex-boyfriend’s residence in the 1000 block of Darrow Avenue, Dugan said. The 70-year-old ex-boyfriend had reported to police that she had thrown a rock at his car, Dugan said. The rock damaged the front driver’s side mirror and the front windshield.

The ex-boyfriend also reported that she had been banging on the residence’s rear door after he had repeatedly told her to leave, Dugan said.

The woman is scheduled to appear in court May 24.

Twitter: @girlwhojumped