Best Coffee Shop: Coffee Lab

Mariana Alfaro, Reporter

Coffee Lab, a North Campus favorite, just moved to a bigger space to accommodate more clients and introduce a food menu. Its bigger locale at 910 Noyes St. seems to have worked out well for this year’s Best Coffee Shop.

The sharply designed cafe, with sturdy tables on which you can study for that econ test you’ve been procrastinating for, doesn’t make its coffee from a regular coffee pot. Instead, it uses the Intelligentsia Coffee pourover brewing system, which looks pretty cool and produces a great-tasting brew.

A Coffee Lab crowd favorite is the white chocolate mocha, although the shop’s chai tea latte is to die for. If you’re late for your 9 a.m. chemistry class, you can grab an on-the-go bite from its selection of bagels and breakfast sandwiches.

Coffee Lab prices for both drinks and food are pretty good if you’re on a college student budget. A large cup of joe will cost you, on average, only around three to four dollars.

The coffee shop’s minimalistic and open design differs from Friends’ Central Perk ambience one sees at businesses such as Kafein — but it is no less comfortable.

So next time you have a chem exam to study for, take a seat at Coffee Lab and let the glass beaker of liquid black gold — which a Yelp reviewer said was “super cute and fitting” considering the subject — jump-start your motivation.

Twitter: @marianaa_alfaro