Conservative blogger Katie Pavlich selected as College Republicans’ winter speaker

David Fishman, Reporter

Katie Pavlich, editor of the conservative website Townhall.com, will speak at Northwestern next week as College Republicans’ winter speaker, the group announced Tuesday night at its weekly meeting.

Pavlich, a conservative author and political commentator, graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts in broadcast journalism and currently serves as a rotating panelist on Fox News Channel’s daily show, “Outnumbered.”

In 2013, the Conservative Political Action Conference named her Blogger of the Year for her work at Townhall.com, as a Fox News contributor and 2012 book, “Fast and Furious: Barack Obama’s Bloodiest Scandal and Its Shameless Cover-Up.”

“NUCR is honored to be bringing such a dynamic, up­-and-­coming speaker as Ms. Pavlich,” the group said in a statement. “(We) are proud of the tradition of bringing highly informed commentators for our annual winter speaker series, and announce Ms. Pavlich in the confidence that her speech is a continuation of that tradition.”

Associated Student Government and the Young America’s Foundation provided funding for the speaker, according to the news release. Pavlich will talk 8 p.m. in Swift Hall next Monday at the free event, which is open to the public.

Twitter: @davidpkfishman