Sheridan Road reduced to one lane in each direction due to construction

Fences+span+Sheridan+Road+in+preparation+for+construction+beginning+Monday.+Due+to+city+water+main+improvements%2C+traffic+along+Sheridan+Road+will+be+reduced+from+two+lanes+to+one+in+each+direction.+
Fences span Sheridan Road in preparation for construction beginning Monday. Due to city water main improvements, traffic along Sheridan Road will be reduced from two lanes to one in each direction.

Lauren Duquette/Daily Senior Staffer

Lauren Duquette/Daily Senior Staffer

Madeline Fox, Campus Editor

Beginning Monday, Sheridan Road will only have one lane instead of two in each direction due to city water main improvements.

The construction will last for several months and is expected to be completed in late May, according to the city’s website.

The construction area will be fenced off from just north of The Arch to Lincoln Street and is expected to cause traffic delays, the University said. Additionally, the University asked pedestrians to limit crossing to designated crosswalks with traffic signals, as the fencing and limited visibility caused by construction vehicles will make crossing elsewhere more difficult.

Shuttle service will continue to follow normal routes with the exception of Wednesday, Jan. 27, when pickup for the Patten Gym stop will be relocated across Lincoln Street to the northeast corner of Lincoln Street and Sheridan Road. Shuttle riders should anticipate delays due to construction, the University said.

This headline was updated for clarity at 5:30 p.m. 

Email: foxm@u.northwestern.edu
Twitter: @maddycfox