Police Blotter: Woman charged with simple battery after attacking former coworker

Joanne Lee, Reporter

A 28-year-old woman was arrested Wednesday night in connection with simple battery.

The woman allegedly attacked her former coworker, a 25-year-old Evanston resident, and fled the scene last month on Oct. 26 at about 2 p.m. in the 1000 block of Davis Street, said Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan. The woman was upset because the former coworker had her fired, Dugan said.

Police said she was taken into custody when she came into the police department on Nov. 4 at about 7:45 p.m.

The woman was charged with a misdemeanor for simple battery. She is scheduled to appear in court Dec. 17.

Chicago man found in possession of drug paraphernalia

A 30-year-old man was arrested Wednesday night in connection with possession of drug paraphernalia.

Police said they conducted a traffic stop on his vehicle at about 5:20 p.m. on Nov. 4 in the 1500 block of Oakton Street because they could smell the odor of burnt cannabis coming from the man’s vehicle. Police searched the man’s car and found traces of marijuana inside of his car, and a metal pipe containing marijuana residue in the center console, Dugan said.

The man was charged with a city ordinance violation for possession of drug paraphernalia. He is scheduled to appear in court Nov. 16.

Twitter: @leehjoanne