Police Blotter: Man charged with felony for fraudulent ID

Joanne Lee, Reporter

Man charged with felony for fraudulent ID

A 26-year-old man was arrested Tuesday night in connection with possession of a fraudulent ID.

The Evanston man was stopped by police in his car at about 6:30 p.m. in connection with not wearing a seatbelt and driving in a bike lane in the 500 block of Howard Street, Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan said. Police took the man into custody for driving without a license and found a fraudulent U.S. permanent resident card as well as a fraudulent social security card, Dugan said.

The man was charged with a felony for the fraudulent IDs as well as cited for the traffic offenses.

Two men arrested during traffic stop

Two 21-year-old men were arrested early Wednesday morning — one in connection with a traffic offense and the other in connection with aggravated assault.

Police stopped the men in their car at about 1:45 a.m. in the 1800 block of Church Street for not having a license plate light, Dugan said. Police said they had difficulty keeping the “verbally aggressive” driver and passenger in the car during the stop, he said. The driver was taken into custody for having a suspended license and the passenger for throwing fast food wrappers and verbally abusing officers, he added.

The driver, a Chicago resident, was charged with violating traffic offenses for a missing rear registration plate light and lack of valid proof of insurance as well as a misdemeanor for driving with a suspended license. The passenger, an Evanston resident, was charged with two counts of aggravated assault, both misdemeanors.

Both men are scheduled to appear in court Nov. 19.

E-mail: [email protected]
Twitter: @leehjoanne