Police Blotter: Man stabbed during fight in south Evanston

Julia Jacobs, Summer Editor

A 19-year-old man was stabbed Sunday night during an altercation that involved several people in a south Evanston parking lot.

The Evanston resident reported getting into a fight with two men, both between 18 and 32 years old, at about 10:30 p.m. in the 800 block of Dodge Avenue, said Evanston police Cmdr. Joseph Dugan. A friend of the injured man drove him to Evanston Hospital, where doctors found a puncture wound in his lower back, Dugan said. The injuries were not life-threatening.

Police are conducting a follow-up interview with the injured man after officers found that the his account of the altercation did not match those of three witnesses, Dugan said.

Person caught stealing from parked car

An Evanston man was arrested Thursday night in connection with vehicle burglary after he was spotted rummaging through a pizza delivery driver’s car.

The driver saw 50-year-old Patrick Gordon looking through his unlocked car in the 1600 block of Hinman Avenue at about 11:40 p.m.as he was returning from delivering a pizza to a resident on the block.When police responded to the driver’s call, the officers did not discover anything missing from the vehicle, but they found two GPS devices and an Xbox video game in Gordon’s possession.

Gordon was charged with one count of burglary to a motor vehicle, which is a felony. This is the eighth vehicle burglary arrest in Evanston since July 16.

Twitter: @juliarebeccaj