Residence director Kristina Richards’ death ruled an accident

Tyler Pager, Assistant Campus Editor

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Former Northwestern residence director Kristina Richards’ death was caused by an accidental combination of medications resulting in respiratory repression, McHenry County coroner Dr. Anne Majewski said Thursday.

The official cause of death was ruled Wednesday to be polysubstance intoxication. The coroner said it was accidental. Richards, 41, had taken pain and anti-depression medication. She died in her sleep Feb. 23 in Crystal Lake, Ill.

(Students, co-workers remember Residence Director Kristina Richards)

Richards, who last served as the director of graduate residence halls, had worked at NU since 2003. She had previously supervised several undergraduate residence halls, including Slivka Residential College, 1835 Hinman, Shepard Residential College and Sargent Hall.

A memorial service for Richards was held March 11.

Email: tylerpager2017@u.northwestern.edu
Twitter: @tylerpager

Comments