The Rundown: Feb. 20

Ellen Page comes out as gay, LGBT community rejoices

At an event called Time to THRIVE, Ellen Page officially disclosed her sexuality. In a heart wrenching speech, Page said, “I’m here today because I am gay. … I am tired of hiding, and I am tired of lying by omission.” The video of her speech had me in tears. Though the LGBT community was not necessarily surprised, I applaud her bravery in coming out in such a public and effective way. Also, I knew there was a reason “Whip It” is a lesbian favorite.

Shia LaBeouf pulls strange skywriting stunt

The long-troubled actor’s odd acts have escalated when on Monday he hired a skywriter to spell out “START CREATING” over the east side of Los Angeles. He confirmed via Twitter the message was his doing. LaBeouf is no longer the cute chubby boy he was during the era of “Even Stevens.” Now he’s just bizarre. I don’t think anyone fully understands what he’s up to.

Michelle Rodriguez confirms relationship with Cara Delevingne

It’s been a great week for queer women. Michelle Rodriguez has officially confirmed the relationship between herself and British supermodel Cara Delevingne. Rodriguez said it’s going “really well” between the pair. There’s nothing that warms my heart (or my Tumblr dashboard) more than two beautiful women finding happiness.

Leighton Meester, Adam Brody apparently tie the knot

Spotted: Adam Brody wearing a wedding ring. US Weekly reported that the two wed in a secret ceremony. The couple has been dating for over a year and announced their engagement three months ago. I wonder what Blair Waldorf and Seth Cohen would have to say about the nuptials. Probably nothing very nice.

Twitter: @MollieCahillane

The Rundown: Feb. 20