Where Are They Now: Drake Bell and Josh Peck

Drake Bell. Josh Peck. They made you laugh, they made you cry, but mostly, they made you laugh. Whether it was the endearing “hug me brotha” or the scheming Miranda Cosgrove as “Megan” that fueled the emotional roller-coaster, the ’90s generation was hooked from the birth of “Drake and Josh” in 2004.

Previously, Bell was best known for his role on “The Amanda Show,” where he played the infamous “Totally Kyle,” a hippie-surfer dude who never really knew what he was talking about. Later, he appeared on “All That,” another Nickelodeon classic. Meanwhile, Peck was stealing the scene in timeless movies like “Snow Day” and “Max Keeble’s Big Move.” The two soon-to-be brothas crossed paths on the set of “The Amanda Show,” and the beautiful relationship between Drake Parker and Josh Nichols, the goofy step-brothers we came to know and love, was born.

When the show came to an end in 2008, their devious on-screen little sister, Megan, became Nickelodeon’s hottest star with the launch of “iCarly.” Though Miranda Cosgrove’s new show made up for the loss of “Drake and Josh” for some, others, still today, continue to mourn the loss of a brilliant television series. The faux-bros delighted hopeful fans with a few “Drake and Josh” movies, but they knew the reign had come to an end.

Since then, Peck has taken on several voice-over roles, including Eddie in the “Ice Age” films and Sparks in “Aliens in the Attic.” He has also made guest appearances on some of today’s popular comedies  like “The Mindy Project” and “The Big Bang Theory.”

In a brotherly fashion, Bell also dabbled in voice-overs for shows like “Phineas and Ferb,” “Avengers Assemble” and “Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.” Okay, I’ve never heard of any of those, but you go Drake Bell. He also decided to focus more on his music. Remember his first big hit? Here’s a clue: It’s the “Drake and Josh” theme song. Currently, he’s working on his third album, which is slated for a 2014 release. Stay tuned!

Finally, the change in appearance of the boys is definitely worth noting. Though Drake was always the heartthrob of the show, Josh is now giving him a run for his money. He lost all his baby fat and grew into one very attractive man. So who’s better looking? I’ll let you decide. My vote goes to the new-and-improved Josh.

Twitter: @ericawitte