Celebrity Chic: Golden Globes kick off awards season with gorgeous gowns

Source: MCTdirect

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Even though Christmas is over and the holiday glow has passed, we have another occasion to look forward to — awards season. The Golden Globes kicked off a slew of upcoming ceremonies that promise beautiful red carpet looks. Here are my personal favorites from the Golden Globes. Cheers to awards season!

Margot Robbie in Gucci

The girl killed it. “The Wolf of Wall Street” leading lady wore a cream dress with a deep V accentuated by a belt of silvery jewels and a high leg slit. Yes, it is as beautiful as it sounds. Her simple makeup and hair allowed for the dress to figuratively, and probably literally, shine beyond all the jewels on the red carpet.

Emma Watson in Dior Couture 

This dress solidified my opinion that every girl secretly wants to be Emma Watson. Not only did she get to play Hermione AND model for Burberry, but she also wore basically the coolest thing ever to the Golden Globes. Her Dior gown looked like a normal, albeit stunning red dress from the front, but the back was completely open. So she wore pants under it. And it was amazingly trendsetting and refreshing. Google search. Worship. Repeat.

Jenna Dewan-Tatum in Roberto Cavalli

Her gown made me believe she should forever live in strapless dresses. Her body looked amazing, and her red carpet outfit fit perfectly and looked incredibly sexy. Her white strapless mermaid dress with black embroidery also proved that intricate detail can trump color. She really stepped it UP for the Golden Globes this year. (See what I did there?)

Twitter: @kesiewert