The Rundown: Week of Oct. 6

Source: mctDIRECT
The Jonas Brothers are all smiles in this picture, but rumor has it things have gone downhill. The brothers just announced their world tour will be cancelled.

Bruce, Kris Jenner split

After 22 years of marriage, Kris and Bruce Jenner announced Tuesday they have officially separated, crushing Kardashian fans everywhere.  This announcement comes amid rumors of divorce for Kris’ daughter Khloe Kardashian and her husband Lamar Odom. So yes, maybe U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) was right when she said this week that the “end times” are near.

Britney Spears says she’s heartbroken by ‘Bad’ finale

We aren’t the only ones hoping for more episodes of “Breaking Bad.” Britney Spears added her two cents to the discussion saying, “I thought it was really sad. I didn’t like it at all. … Maybe they’ll do another episode where the ambulance comes and revives him.” Star Bryan Cranston responded by tweeting, “Glad you felt for him. RIP W.W. maybe I’m still here.” Here’s hoping for a Spears/Cranston sequel.  “It’s Britney, bitch!” already sounds like a line from Jesse.

Journalist tries to break bad on Twitter, fails miserably

The “Breaking Bad” bandwagon continued Sunday when Philadelphia journalist Joyce Evans became a Twitter sensation for comparing a deadly shooting to the hit show. She wrote, “Thought ‘Breaking Bad was hot last Sunday? @Fox29philly See who’s breakin’ bad in SW Philly leavin’ 6 people SHOT – Tonite at Ten!” I don’t know what’s more horrifying about Evans’ tweet — the off-color pop culture reference or her complete disregard for AP style.

Jonas Brothers cancel upcoming tour, cite ‘deep rift’

The Jonas Brothers have canceled the band’s upcoming tour a mere two days before it was to begin. According to a spokesman, a “deep rift within the band” forced the cancellation, and “there was a big disagreement over their music direction.” Reports of Nick telling Joe, “Next time I see you, I’m giving you a high five ‘cause hugs overrated, just FYI” are unconfirmed.

— Devan Coggan

The Rundown: Week of Oct. 6