Five Words for the end of Miley Cyrus’ engagement

Back to Article
Back to Article

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth have officially split. The couple, who got engaged in 
June 2012, were seen less frequently together in the weeks preceding the breakup.

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth have officially split. The couple, who got engaged in June 2012, were seen less frequently together in the weeks preceding the breakup.

Source: MTCdirect

Source: MTCdirect

Source: MTCdirect

Chanel Vargas, Columnist

Fans were torn Sept. 16 when popstar Miley Cyrus confirmed the end of her engagement to actor Liam Hemsworth. Though not a surprise, the end of the couple’s engagement was given much attention by fans. The pair originally confirmed their engagement in June 2012 when Miley gladly said, “I’m so happy to be engaged and look forward to a life of happiness with Liam.” In the months following the announcement of their engagement, Miley and Liam made fewer public appearances together and were noted as spending a considerable amount of time apart. This strange behavior caused fans to question whether the engagement was still on. After months of controversy, the score was settled. On Sept. 16, Miley’s representative confirmed to E! News the wedding had indeed been called off.  Northwestern students weigh in on the subject:

“It’s a publicity stunt, right?” — Brooke Wanser

“It took him long enough.” — Paige Leskin

“Her tongue can do better.” — Steven Montero

“What they were perf together????” — Alix Kramer

“’Wrecking Ball’ finally makes sense!” — Morgan Kinney

“Can Liam be mine now?” — Hayley Glatter

Email: chanelvghs@yahoo.com
Twitter: @puppyszdelphnts