University Career Services gets new director

Mark Presnell will begin his tenure next week as executive director of University Career Services. Presnell comes to Northwestern from a previous stint at Johns Hopkins University.

Source: Twitter

Joseph Diebold, Campus Editor

Mark Presnell will take over as executive director of University Career Services next week, Northwestern announced Wednesday.

Presnell comes to NU from a similar role at Johns Hopkins University, where he served as the director of the Baltimore school’s career center. At JHU, he increased the center’s focus on one-on-one advising while developing specific “individual marketing plans” for students in liberal arts, sciences and engineering career paths, according to a University news release.

“He brings outstanding experience to the position, including successful strategic planning and execution for robust employer engagement programs, large group motivation and management and creative use of social media to connect students with alumni and employers,” University spokesman Bob Rowley wrote in the news release.

UCS celebrated its 75th anniversary on campus earlier this year. The center provides advising, job fairs and recruiting sessions among other services.

Presnell, who will report to Dean of Students Todd Adams and join the leadership team of the Division of Student Affairs, has degrees in psychology from Purdue University and counseling psychology from the University of Kansas. He begins his stint with UCS on Tuesday.

— Joseph Diebold

About the Writer
Joseph Diebold, Web Editor

Joseph Diebold is one of The Daily's managing editors and a Weinberg junior. His past positions include Campus editor, Opinion editor and Web editor. He...