Evanston police charge 2 teens with burglaries

Manuel Rapada, Breaking News Editor

Evanston police said they arrested two teenagers this week in connection with four separate car burglaries.

Officers responding to a burglary in the 1700 block of Keeney Street became aware of another burglary in the 2000 block of Washington Street, police said. They located Paul Downs, 18, and Marshawn Page, 17, whom witnesses identified as the people responsible for the burglaries.

Police later found property that linked one of the suspects to a third car burglary in the 1700 block of Greenwood Street. Downs and Page were also charged with a fourth burglary that occurred in the 2100 block of Washington Street.

EPD on Tuesday charged Downs, of the 1600 block of Oakton Street, with a May 18 residential burglary in the 800 block of Brown Avenue. Downs and Page, of the 1900 block of Dodge Avenue, are scheduled to appear in court June 3.

— Manuel Rapada

About the Writer
Manuel Rapada, Web Editor
Manuel Rapada is a Medill senior studying journalism, business institutions and integrated marketing communications. His past positions at The Daily include city editor, social media/breaking news editor and managing editor. The San Francisco Bay Area native is also a counselor with the Office of Undergraduate Admission. He has previously worked for GreatSchools, Adobe and GOOD...