LA Dodgers part-owner to speak at School of Law commencement

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mark Walter, CEO of Guggenheim Partners and chairman of the Los Angeles Dodgers, will speak at the School of Law’s convocation. Graduation ceremonies will begin next week.

Source: USA Today Sports

Source: USA Today Sports

Source: USA Today Sports

Cat Zakrzewski, Campus Editor

Mark Walter (Law ’85), part-owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers, will deliver the main address at the School of Law convocation May 17.

Walter serves as chief executive officer and a member of the board and executive committee of Guggenheim Capital, a privately held financial services company. The address is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. at the Chicago Theatre.

Walter also founded Liberty Hampshire Company, which provides risk management services, and is the chairman of EquiTrust Life Insurance Company. He is a trustee or director of multiple organizations, including the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation and the Security Benefit Corporation. Walter recently made headlines for paying $2.15 billion for the Dodgers, doubling the team’s cost.

Walter received his undergraduate degree from Creighton University in Omaha, Neb.

— Cat Zakrzewski