Evanston starts early voting, changes four Election Day polling places

A student votes in November's elections. Early voting for Evanston's local races begins today and runs through April 6.

Daily file photo by Meghan White

Jia You, City Editor

Starting today, Evanston residents can vote for local races early at the Lorraine H. Morton Civic Center.

Early voting for the City Council, the Evanston Township High School District 202 school board and the Evanston/Skokie District 65 school board elections will run through April 6 at Room 2200 of the civic center. Voters can cast ballots from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.

Cook County elections will also take place April 9. The county’s election authority has changed the polling places for four Evanston precincts. Voting at Beth Emet Synagogue, 1224 Dempster Ave., will now take place at Unitarian Church, 1330 Ridge Ave., affecting parts of the 2nd and 4th wards. The authority also switched the polling place at Willard Elementary School, 2700 Hurd Ave., to the Second Church of Christ Scientist, 2715 Hurd Ave., affecting voters in parts of the 6th Ward.

Polls are open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day.

— Jia You

About the Writer
Jia You, City Editor

Jia You was the City editor of The Daily. Her other past positions include assistant City editor. She is from Shenzhen, China, and has interned at the...